Well, I never saw any mention of three years of marriage in the story either, but the phrase "three days" was repeated more than once, as the length of time of Clark's latest disappearance. Maybe that's where the confusion is arising from.

And obviously I don't approve of Clark having been married to Lois for any length of time without having told her the truth. I didn't think he should have proposed in the series before telling her, although I understand that the writers did it to continue to throw obstacles in their path.

Like Bakasi, I like what-ifs, and it's interesting to see this take on the "what-if Clark never got the courage to tell Lois"? I'm sorry you won't be writing the longer story, Dave, because I would like to see background as to why on earth Clark had made the choices that he had.

And I agree with what Wendy said. On the show, something changed between WWW and ATAI to make Clark ready to tell Lois. (Then yes, he blew it at the end of ATAI, but I blame the writers completely for that.) So it seems that whatever the catalyst was for him between those two episodes - even if it was something as simple as his deciding that "this" was the next step - didn't happen as a prelude to this story. But it does look like he's ready to tell her now, which gives me hope.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5