Jackie! Good to see you, girl! I hope your moving is going well. <hugs>
Anyway, providing Clark and Lois really have been driven somewhere where there might be some radioactive stuff in the ground, maybe Clark would react to it? After all, Kryptonite is radioactive.
As I understand it, Kryptonite is only radioactive to Clark. And, if it was radioactivity causing his problems, wouldn't Lois' insides slowly be cooking right along with his? Then again, you still don't know why they're in the hospital... wink It seems to me that long-term radiation exposure would be a hard one to come back from. Assuming, of course, that they're still alive at the end of the story.
That, and I'm currently planning a trip to the States...
Oooo, Anna! wave If you're going to be anywhere near Las Vegas, let me know.
Is it wrong for me to be enjoying everyone's confusion this much?
Only if you know what actually happened. Oh wait, you do! lol Enjoy it.
Or maybe this particular part of the world is simply Superman's personal Bermuda Triangle? Where ships sink in the sand and the powers of Farmboys just go kaput?
I don't know why, but that just cracks me up. Probably because it does (kinda) have something (sorta) to do with where they are. But it has nothing to do with Nellis AFB or Area 51 (even though X-Files was my first fanfic love - there's no government conspiracy at work). Sorry, Artemis. :p I've never watched Stargate so any similarities are just coincidence.
So I guess I'll have to come back in a few weeks and finish the story. Twist my arm.
If that's what it takes, Betsy. If that's what it takes. Consider your arm twisted.

Thanks to Elisabeth for catching my mistake. I fixed it. Originally Lois said something else and I just had a brain fart and didn't think about Mickey's reply. blush

There's a lot of "action" in part four and I find that the hardest thing to write. I have to go over it again and again to make sure that everyone knows what everyone is doing. I can see it in my head perfectly but it's hard to explain. Someday I'm going to post a story where the action is described just like I write it the first time around: Lois ducks, Clark jumps, yelling... It would be a post-modern masterpiece of brevity.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis