There were many little things here that I liked. I loved how Lois brought Clark home to her apartment even though she remembered (yay!) that she had her spare key at the Daily Planet. well, just because she wanted him to come home to her apartment with her, you know?

I loved how Clark found that note from Lois, and how scared he is that she had read it:

“You didn’t read it...” he repeated, this time out loud as if to reassure himself.

“I, uh, was a little distracted.” Her mind flashed back to the way the ring had sparkled on her finger in the morning sunlight. “And like I said, I thought it was trash.”
What a relief, Clark.

“Really? When did I give it to you?”

“Last night.”

Last night? That paper looked like it had been folded and unfolded repeatedly. When he said it was a note from her she had assumed it was some sort of love note she had written to him that he had been sentimental enough to carry around with him. The fact that it had been so well read in just one night, only served to stoke her curiosity even further.
I love the fact that Clark has read that note so many times in the short time it has been in his possession.

“Can I see it?”

“No,” he answered a little too quickly.
No, because we wouldn't want you to be honest with her, would we, Clark?

You know, DJ, during all those years when I was waiting for Superman to propose to Lois in the comic books, it used to drive me up the wall that Superman wasn't just the one who was in control of the proposal - he could propose or refrain from proposing - but he was also the one who was in control of all pertinent information, particularly about his double identity, which he carefully hid from Lois. Here Lois knows aout Clark's double identity, but instead Clark keeps the fact that he has broken up with her a well-kept secret from her. He neither proposes again nor tells her that they can't be together. He keeps her in a kind of limbo. Just like he did for all those years in the comics. frown

But Lois believes in Clark. Just like comic book Lois believed in Superman for all those years:

God, why couldn’t she concentrate?

She knew why... It was because she *knew*. She knew now for a certainty that Clark loved her, that he was going to marry her. He had all but proposed to her again – saying that he just wanted to give her time to remember everything. He had said he would marry her no matter what – even if her memory never fully recovered.
Oh, so sweet. And oh, I so hope that he is going to deserve her faith in him.

Clark broke from their kiss. “Well, where would you...” He kissed her briefly but firmly. “...suggest that we...” Lois nudged her knee a little closer in between his legs, eliciting a groan from him. “...do this?” he finished, his voice shaking a little.

She smiled against his lips. “I don’t know,” she murmured, moving his tie aside so she could run her hands up his chest. “Someplace a little more private and a little less open...”

“The supply closet?”
Ahh, this is adorable!!! Oh yes, I'm all for the supply closet. razz

Henderson narrowed his eyes at him and sighed softly. “The evidence for the trial? It’s already missing.”

“What? When?”

Henderson nodded. “Your friend Klein took it.”

“What?” Clark asked again, his voice a little harsher this time. “You can’t have any...”

“Proof? No,” he paused and gave Clark a small smirk. “But that tape and those key card records give me enough to hold Klein and get a warrant to search his house.”
I'm disappointed with Henderson. He's usually not that gullible.

“Mandy...” Clark paused - he didn’t know her last name, “...Dr. Klein’s assistant, please.” He looked down at his watch, hoping he could catch her before she left for lunch.

“May I ask whose calling?”

“Clark Kent with the Daily Planet.”

A few seconds passed and then she was back. “Mr. Kent? Mandy is getting ready to leave and asked me to take a message,” the woman’s voice told him.

“That’s okay. I’ll just call her back after lunch.”

“No, Mr. Kent, she’s not leaving for lunch - she’s leaving for the day.”

That wasn’t good. Clark didn’t want to sit on this until tomorrow. “Can you please ask her to wait just a couple more minutes? I’m on my way there, I’ll be there shortly.”

Without waiting for a reply, he hung up the receiver and thanked Sherry. Then he headed outside in search of a secluded alleyway.
Mandy, huh? And Clark doesn't know her last name. Mandy. As in Mindy? As in Mindy Church? I don't like the similarity of their names. Mandy seems like a prime suspect to me. Will she be greeting Clark with a green, green piece of Kryptonite? And if so, will Lois save his butt, and his thick skull, too? And if she does, will he be honest with her for once, not just when he is telling her cruel things? Will he propose again? Will they get married? And will they make out, sans underwear, in the supply closet?

You owe us one, DJ!

Ann