She had decided that maybe she wasn’t such a bad cook after all.

Or maybe not.

She looked with dismay at the mess that had once been her clean kitchen countertop and range. All she had to show for her efforts were boiled over liquids and the burned crisps of something that had once been edible. Her entire apartment had the horrid burnt stench of dinner gone terribly, terribly wrong.
Can we say DUH!!! boys and girls??

Her entire apartment had the horrid burnt stench of dinner gone terribly, terribly wrong.

It was at this moment that Dan chose to ring her doorbell.
Impeccable timing, as always.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad. Besides I’ll hardly even notice. It’s not like I came here to look at your apartment.” He let out a low whistle. “I really like the haircut. I didn’t think anything could make your eyes more lovely. I was wrong.”
Gee, channeling Tank and Dan at the same time...that is scary!

Lois was appalled. He *did* think this was a date!
Please see above DUH!!! comment.

“Then I just can’t imagine how you could possibly think I’m getting the wrong impression.” He smiled lopsidedly at her.
Can't wait for him to figure out the other impression you can get from Lois's behavior. That she is mad at Clark and going out with Dan is just to make Clark mad.

And when he did...
eek

The curls of her read hair bounced a little as
I think that should be RED hair (and you are still channeling Tank...I am beginning to worry... help

ok, need to stop commenting on everything or it will be longer than you post!

However...

Looks like you might be stuck with me a little longer.”

Lois smirked to herself – oh, Clark was going to love that.
razz eww!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!