DJ has been cajoling me that I can answer the FDK, too. I know she's right, but the story is really hers. I've just added a paragraph or a line here and there. At least, until this part. I think by late last night when I had sent her yet another nitpicky revision she was reconsidering her generosity in letting me tag along. laugh
Ralph Spagoda, don’t you know.
I cannot figure out why that name is making me snicker to myself but it does. The closest I come is Abe Vigoda. Where do I know the name from, Nancy?
Don’t you just hate it when someone takes off with your pen?
YES! I still mourn the loss of a pencil I got at the Tower of London eight years ago. I've been back twice since then and they just don't sell those pencils anymore. <sigh> Unlike Clark, whomever it was didn't seduce it away from me (that much I know for sure). If I ever find out who took it... death will not be instantaneous.
So, Clark. Explain it to me all over again. What, apart from your own lunkheadedness, makes you so stubbornly certain that breaking up with her is the right thing to do?
This is something that the series just glossed over, much to my dismay. I hated that he broke up with her, but I hated how they just made up instantaneously even more. I'm writing another story (once again, DJ and I were thinking along similar lines) that explores this same issue but from an entirely different angle. The end result is that each night when I sit down to write I've been steamed at Clark all day thinking about both stories. I see that we all seem to share that opinion. <g> Let's not forget that Lois is an investigative reporter and she's going to find ways to fill in those blanks, whether Clark wants to help or not. <g>
Run it by me once again, Clark. Why can't you kiss her like that again?
Because he's an idiot when it comes to Lois.
He breaks up with her for her own good, but then he won't allow her to date anyone else?
He didn't say she couldn't date someone else. It's just dawning on him that, eventually, she'll move on and he'll have nothing.
Clark did Lois a huge favor when he defended her to Perry, but he was certainly a lunkhead when he kept withdrawing from her. When will he begin to see the error of his ways? And when will Lois figure out that he has really broken up with her?
Soon. Very, very soon.

Elisabeth - how nice to see you here! I'm still giggling over your location "in a minivan..." Did you ever see Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live as the motivational speaker? He lived "in a van, down by the river..." It's a random phrase that we often quote for absolutely no reason at all in my house.

Thanks to everyone who's reading along with us. I'm having a blast - mostly because DJ writes it and I get half the credit. Nice work if you can get it. dance

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis