Hi Darcy!

Seeing as how I popped in earlier to answer a question on your thread, and then went on to read everyone else's comments, I just HAD to take time away from writing to read this story.

I love reading about Dr. Klein. He absolutely cracks me up and you wrote him very well. Loved your portrayal of him and his reactions to the revelation.

Quoting Terry here:

As for this being or not being medically plausible, we're talking about a humanoid who can survive near-absolute zero temperatures and zero atmospheric pressure in space (for a short time), the extreme pressure at the bottom of the sea, the heat of an active volcano, the concussion of a high-explosive air-to-air missle, all without a scratch, so having a lead deficiency that makes him vulnerable to Kryptonite isn't all that far-fetched to me. My first impression is that it would be something that would be a long-term regemine, not a single injection, though, and he might suffer withdrawal symptoms or side effects from the increased lead in his system.
Very well put Terry. One of the things I love about writing in this fandom is that it's sci-fi, that means you can stretch concepts and ideas farther than you can normally. It's sci-fi and fantasy and just plain fun.

I loved the story. Very fresh and interesting concept. I had thought about the lead suit thing myself before, but it hadn't ever occured to me to have him take supplements. Very original.

Thanks for sharing! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.