Caroline, I've been so bad about FDKing and I blame it on my new job, RL and... and... well, I'm sure there are other factors goofy , but this is really great and I can't wait to see how it ends! smile

I love this line:

He never lost his powers completely, but they’d flickered like a dying light bulb all afternoon and been far too unreliable for him to consider any Superman duties.
... I think it PERFECTLY describes what Kryptonite exposure does to him and his powers, it was just the most perfect image and I really adored it notworthy

And also, this conversation just got me!!! laugh

“When you invent a superhero, you don’t do it half-way,” Clark agreed. “It can be a lot to live up to.”

“Have I made you feel that way?” she asked, cocking her head at him.

“Oh, yeah,” he said. “Many times. But you’ve also made me feel…” He shrugged, feeling a little foolish. “Super, I guess. Like if I tried hard enough, I could actually be the hero you thought I was. It sounds silly…”

“No,” she said softly. “Not silly at all. But I can hardly believe that anything I said meant so much to you – that I had that responsibility and didn’t even know it. It’s kind of scary, thinking about it now.”

“It shouldn’t be. More than once, you kept me going when I wanted to give up. You set the bar incredibly high, but you also made me want to reach it. I guess I never wanted to let you down.”

“You’ve never let me down,” she promised him. “Not as Superman, and not as Clark. And you won’t, no matter what happens.”

“That’s a lot of faith to put in a farmboy,” he said softly, feeling somewhat awed by the thought.
... it's such a fantastic conversation, so honest and you can certainly sense the deep feelings and love here, as they talk about one of the many elements of their special bond and relationship.

Really great stuff. I cannot wait for more!

~NICOLE smile