Wow. This is absolutely fantastic.

So hauntingly well-written. So poignant and sweet. This is as beautiful as it could possibly be:

Her hand slid down his arm and seized his, stirring him back to awareness. Without breaking eye contact, he raised their entwined fingers to his lips and kissed them softly, reverently.

It was his vow to love and cherish her for the rest of their life.

It was her vow to never leave him.

He felt her fingertips quiver slightly under the soft pressure of his lips. She looked down at him, eyes dark and clouded with longing, exerting a spell on him that nothing could break. The desire radiating from her hypnotised him completely. Nothing could jerk him out of his fantasy. Nothing could come between them. No twisted hand of fate could rear its ugly head and tear them apart...

Nothing at all...

Not even the cold, solid object contrasting with the warm softness of her fingers. Not even the bright spark of diamond reflected in a stream of moonlight. Not even that sharp tug of reality that reminded him that this night of bliss was only a figment of his imagination, a dream that would fade with the first rays of dawn.
The emotion of this, the haunting , ominous sense of made-in-heaven love being attacked and prohibited and heartbreakingly undone by the cruel rules of society and the horrible schemes and the pure evil of Lex Luthor... You show the absolute tenderness and beauty of Clark and Lois's love in away that takes my breath away. And then Clark's bittersweet-bitter realization that this is all a dream... All in all, it is incredibly beautiful.

I very much liked the scene with Lois and her new boss, David, too. Hopefully David will prove to be a very useful ally of hers. The idea that Lois doesn't know how evil Lex is is so bad that it is almost unbearable. I have to admit that I find Lex so horrible that I'm not looking forward to seeing him in this fic. But please understand I'm not crazy enough to suggest you should remove him from it!

I, too, was mesmerized by the first part of this and so wanted to read the sequel. It's absolutely great to have you back with the sequel now!!!

Ann