I just loved this one! The angst was PALPABLE.

I’m not even quite sure why it matters so much to me, and I still have trouble believing what he’s saying.
It’s unsafe, this feeling, and I reach for my anger once more, anything to deflect and push down this pain I shouldn’t be having.
I love the way you're tracking it through. That soulmate energy is just pulling her apart!

“Post.”
“Whatever.” My emotions dampen the small, inexplicable thrill at him correcting me...
This is such a lovely detail. It feels so rich to watch her start to miss him before he's left.

I can feel the tears burning at the back of my eyes as he approaches, and there’s a tension in the air—something terrible and nonsensical, a tether between us that’s getting tighter in my chest the closer he gets. And now I know with a sinking feeling that he’s about to sever it.
This is such a visceral description of something intangible and often ephemeral. And it harkens back to the way they make us feel, too, when we watch the show!

“Wait!”
YES!

I see him wince, like it’s some revelation to him that his leaving would hurt me...
I really forget how uncertain they were in their early relationship. It really tugs at the heartstrings the way you use it here!

My breath catches as I realize this moment has already happened today and it’s not deja vu.
This whole section - it's such a great place to use this particular trope of the hand on the cheek reveal - it really marries the way Lois canonically realized it and how she's learning it here, and there's something nicely poetic about it.

I said it earlier, so I say it again.“They can’t be right, Clark! It’s not… You’re not—Clark…you’re not dangerous!”
And it's so heartbreakingly TELLING that you give this to her as her first line after her revelation. She just doubles down for him.

Clark would not leave me when I need his help.
This is such an intense to card to pull - it's like one of their unwritten rules already set in stone.
And then it DOES hold true. Love it!

Excited to see the next 107 storied in this series! hyper