Hi Sara!

/measures A/N/ hmm… /adds summary/ Oh, good. No one has kidnapped her. On to FDK than…

then I had this idea that I should write a kiss for every dang 110 prompts on this list.
Eeep! Now I’m wondering if a challenge of 110 kisses before Lois & Clark get together [acked into a single story might be stretching things? /Gently places glove in front of Sara/ It could have something to do with breaking the curse…?

and also a self-imposed challenge to write 110 ficlets with kisses based on a list of 110 prompts on tumblr.
And 110 words each? Or 110 sentences?

, a page from the book I dozed off on sticking to my face briefly as I lift my head.
Oooh, if she had drooled onto the page and the ink transferred to her cheek!

“I’m…leaving Metropolis,” he says, and my heart starts sinking, but I stop it.

He doesn’t mean it.
Living a bit in her own fantasy world, isn’t she?

I look back up at him, and I can’t stop my heart from sinking this time when I see the hesitant look of regret on his face. I’m not even quite sure why it matters so much to me, and I still have trouble believing what he’s saying. “Leaving? As in quitting?”
Yes, like where he packs his belongings and leaves two weeks notice.

I don’t understand why he’s doing this. It doesn’t make sense, and it makes even less sense why this news is tearing me apart inside. It’s unsafe, this feeling, and I reach for my anger once more, anything to deflect and push down this pain I shouldn’t be having.
clap

“This isn’t about a job. Did you really think I hadn’t figured out what it was with you and Superman?”
/Points at Bek’s Legacy/

I can hardly breathe as he leans in to kiss me. His lips are warm and soft, and I feel my heart catch in my chest as I realize this is…
/checks box/

“Please don’t go,” I try to say, but my voice is only a hoarse whisper pushing past the lump in my throat. “I need you.”

Finally, he turns, though he still hesitates to come back, to walk back down the ramp and put his things away and pretend he never made this ridiculous decision.
You know, I once thought of doing an nfic for each episode. I may just have for und the hook where their passion overtakes them in MoSB. Aaaand I just realized, you forked the road a couple of sentences ago.

“Lois…” His voice is quiet, strained, and it hurts somewhere deep in my chest that he’s fighting this, whatever this is. If this is hurting him as much as it seems like it is, why is he so intent on leaving?
You really wove that seamlessly!

My frustration flares in me, and I raise my voice, thankful that the newsroom is empty this time of night. “That doesn’t make any sense, Clark. This! This is hurting me!”
/Points at the janitor wiping the floor next to the elevator/

“No, Lois…I’m not safe. I…can’t explain. I just…I have to leave. I…have no choice,” he says, with his jaw clenched and some sort of desperation in his voice as he reaches up and cups my cheek again.
He made some ‘friends’ in Sicily and they have just started to move to Metropolis and with the whole Luthor situation, it’s just too dangerous…

My mind is racing, the pieces of the puzzle falling all too easily into place. His eyes, his hand on my cheek. The sadness and despair and regret about leaving. All the same.
Stood up twice in one day. By two guys no less. That can’t be happening.

I said it earlier, so I say it again.“They can’t be right, Clark! It’s not… You’re not—Clark…you’re not dangerous!”
Very well done revelation!

I watch his shoulders sag—either with defeat or relief, but no matter which, I know I’ve won. “Show me what we’ve got, partner.”
Nicely done!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.