I watched the show from the very beginning when it originally aired as a small child. At the at time our TV only picked up 2 TV stations, ABC, where Lois and Clark aired and PBS, which really meant that in the evenings we only had a single station to watch TV. So naturally my parents had the TV tuned to ABC the night Lois and Clark premiered. Because we didn't have any 'kids' or 'cartoon' channels if my brother and I wanted to watch any TV it would be whatever was on ABC with our parents. I sat on the living room floor that night to watch this new show that was premiering. I don't know if I even knew what I was going to be watching that night or not.

I was really young when the show premiered, probably just getting to the age where I was able to comprehend the show enough to enjoy it. As far as I can remember, Lois and Clark probably would have been among the first shows I ever started watching week-to-week and following the plot. Because I was so young at the time, I remember very little of the entire series from the original airing. And I don't think any of those were from the pilot. I do remember the handprint on the bus moment from watching the show for the first time, but that memory probably comes from the opening credits rather than the actual pilot episode. Mostly I remember the way I felt about the show and the crushing disappointment I would feel when the promo at the end said, something like "in 2 weeks," "in 3 weeks," or "on X date," anything that wasn't "next week on Lois and Clark" would just break my little heart.

I had no knowledge of Superman at all before the show, so the briefcase with the letters CK on it and the names Lois Lane and Clark Kent didn't mean anything to me when I watched the show the night it premiered, but since then the moment of Perry introducing Lois and Clark to each other has become one of my favorite moments of the pilot.

One thing that ALWAYS catches my attention when watching the pilot is the stuff around Lois' neck when she and Clark are chained up together in the warehouse. To me it has always just looked so much like the seatbelt from car that it just draws so much of my focus that I have a hard time looking at anything else during that scene when Lois is on camera.

I also always end up feeling so bad for Martha that she had to make so many different suits for Clark until he found one he liked. That was so much work Clark. Couldn't you have narrowed down the colors you liked or something before she started sewing? That was so much work! You made your poor mother work too hard.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"