I don't remember LnC being on the air when I was in the UK as the first season aired in the US, but moved to Canada as the second season started. I'd go over to my friends house and we'd watch our shows while doing homework (ER, Friends, LnC!). I remember seeing the second and third season, but not the fourth. I think I got bored with the never-ending wedding arc, or the tv spot changed and I wasn't allowed to watch it at home. Then in 2020 as the place I worked laid everyone off in April, Apple TV had a sale on the whole series, so I grabbed it, thinking I had months to binge watch it. I wasn't far in before I started getting hit by ideas to write, and went on a hunt for LnC Fanfiction, which ultimately led me here!

As I didn't see most of this season (except for a few reruns back in the '90's), most of it's going to be new, but I know that I wouldn't have picked up on any of the sexual innuendos back then.

Things that grabbed my attention
- When Cat stops Clark at the coffee machine and badgers him for a 'date', he replies with a "Ms Grant." She insists he calls her Cat, which after she leaves, he repeats. It was strange, almost a mockery?
- When Clark goes into the alley to leave for Smallville, he takes off his glasses and puts them into his jacket pocket before taking off. Then the homeless man asks for spare change, and he leaves the glasses off. Was that just a flight thing? Did he always take his glasses off when he flew before Superman came along? He didn't have a secret identity at this point, or had even thought of using one, so would he naturally keep his glasses on at all times?
- I dig the long hair on Clark in this episode, but I'm glad they shortened it.
- I liked the first version of the Suit in this episode, with the narrow collar. It went through some changes after, but this one was my favourite.

The one thing that really stuck out was at the end when Superman tells Lex that all he has to do to see him is to look up. Lex earlier in the episode is bragging that everyone in Metropolis has to look up to him as he's in the tallest building in Metropolis, and he likes that. Nice writing for that to be turned around, but a really stupid move on Superman's part. What if Lex had recalled his conversation with Lois and Clark on that balcony during the ball? Would he have put it together?

Perhaps the only criticism I have is the makeup on Teri Hatcher, especially towards the beginning of the episode. Now, I'm watching on an iPad, so far better resolution than anyone would have imagined we'd be using 30 years ago, so I'm sure that makes a difference, but she looks so washed out, almost yellow, as though they didn't use enough or the right tone.

My favourite scene was when Clark 'walked' around his apartment in the Apollo. I really enjoy the use of practical effects and with special effects really taking over at the time, it's nice to see (though I'm sure it cost a small fortune to do it!).

I have a plot bunny. It took a huge chomp out of my ankle, so I'm not setting it free. I'll see if anything comes of it first.