#30 The Mystery of the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks

The 4th book in the Indian In the Cupboard series. This one delves into the history of the magic key that brings plastic to life. It was pretty dull and felt almost wholly unnecessary, except as a vessel to set up the time travel of the next book.

#31 The Key to the Indian by Lynne Reid Banks

The 5th and final book of the series. Omri and his father (now in the know about the magic) travel back in time to help Little Bear and his people as the US expansion continues to push them out of their ancestral homelands. The time travel stuff was kinda cool but all the stuff leading up to it was a drag.

#32 Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson

A group of kids are hired by Walt Disney World to be scanned and recorded and turned into DHIs - Disney Interactive Hosts. Basically, holograms that can interact with park guests, show them around, and point out cool facts. However, there's an intentional "glitch" in the software - put there by Imagineer Wayne - that lets these 5 kids "cross over" into the Magic Kingdom when they go to sleep at night. Because Wayne needs them to thwart the "Overtakers" - villains who want to take over the parks.

Really fun idea - who wouldn't want the run of WDW without the crowds, right? What makes to hit such a sweet note is the incredible attention to detail - anyone who's been to the parks can easily picture the rides and attractions mentioned. For me, Disnerd that I am, it's comforting and feels like reading about my home.

#33 Kingdom Keepers II: Disney At Dawn by Ridley Pearson

After having defeated Maleficent in the first book, the DHIs face a new, bigger, threat - Maleficent's boss (so to speak). This one takes us into the Animal Kingdom - from the Maharaja's Jungle Trek, to the Kilimanjaro Safari, to Expedition Everest. The only problem is how much I want to go back to Disney now!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon