A nice, WAFFY story. I especially liked that Lois had Lex figured out.

Third: Ralph. Ralph Lombard had scooped her on the Upper Terrace Nursing Home scandal Friday morning. The owner of a chain of these highly reputable nursing homes ‘neglected’ to report the deaths of several of the seniors in their care. The owner, Mitchell Quays, had been collecting pension and social security checks, from the deceased seniors. Not only that, but the man had manipulated some of the residents into leaving a sizable portion of their will to Quay rather than their relatives or other charities.

Quay reminds me of one of the pastors of the church I grew up in. He kept manipulating elderly people into leaving him their money, which he then spent on himself. The congregation finally got wise and kicked him out.

She looked up at him and a wicked smirk slid over her face. “Can you honestly imagine him coming here on foot during a rainstorm to cheer me up? What about helping me develop the outline of a non-fiction book without it serving his own interests? He’s a lot of things, but fun ain’t one of them!

Oh, Luthor has plenty of fun--jet-setting around the world, dreaming up ways to bedevil Superman, committing murder, running organized crime...it just isn't fun for anybody else.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland