My wife is a sales admin, and her company (a national radio chain) was staunchly opposed to letting anybody work from home, as have her immediate boss and the station manager. As of this past Monday, she's working from home for the foreseeable future. Her office is in our master bedroom. She has the laptop, and she spends her either on the phone setting sales appointments for the sales people or creating photo ads and videos for companies advertising on the station. So far she's doing quite well. I know, I can her her on the phone.

Since we're both over 60, she has a pacemaker and I had a liver transplant last year, we're both in the higher-than-average-risk category. I like to go out to lunch, eat, and read something - not happening now. All the fast food places are drive-thru only, and the sit-down-how-may-I-serve-you restaurants are ghost towns. I'm used to working from home, but she's not, and she has taken the opportunity to show me some of the things she does at work. It's actually nice right now. I don't get cabin fever, and the weather's nice enough for her to garden or sit on the front porch and read. The only thing I really regret is that the senior center where we both exercise (cardio and weight machines) is closed, so I can't ride the bike that goes nowhere now. I'm using my home weights, but there are muscle groups I can't stress right now. Still, this is lots better than a hospital-busting pandemic.

And I have more time to write. My muses have given me a real pipper of a plot. No spoilers, but it may be the next big thing I post (after Veterans, of course).

Stay safe, y'all.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing