No confirmed cases in my neck of the woods, but confirmed exposure at the University. All the colleges in town and nearby have gone to online learning for the rest of the semester. The school district I teach in is still holding classes, but I've had significant amounts of absent students this past week. And the district has said that they will work with families who want/need their kids to stay home.

Annie B: I have expressed your concerns to my students every time they ask about it because I feel the same way!

scifiJoan: I too must figure out how to do chemistry labs online, but at the high school level. At this point, my classes are online and we work together in class, so I don't have to change much, except the labs. I'm probably going to video myself doing them and post them for students to watch and write up.

Christina: I'm in MO as well and heard all about that STL case from my students.

DC: I was just talking to my husband about how hard it is to not get sucked in by the panic. We've already had to order a few things from the internet because the store was out and so were we. Peanut butter. We can't live without peanut butter.

Lynn: I haven't been told in so many words, but after my last year of respiratory related health issues, I'm pretty sure I'm on the immunocompromised list myself. The only difference I see is that people here started flipping out a few days earlier (of course, I work with high school students who love to spread rumors). I spoke with my students every day last week about the coronavirus and referenced our "baloney detection kit" that we used the previous week to identify fake science.

Since both my husband and I are teachers, an extended time at home will just feel like summer to us. Maybe my house will finally be clean.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.