Terry, never doubt for a moment that you are an awesome writer!

Even before I joined the Boards, I read fics in the archives and adored your stories. You do have a way with words, creating another reality with engaging, enthralling and thoughts-challenging plots; and a punchy and evocative style worthy of a professional.

I’ve read and re-read many of your stories along the years and the repeat doesn’t dispel their impact. The Cold Shoulder was a fab, chilling what-if, as unsettling as The End of an Era; The Green, Green Haunting of Home was a fabulous character study (your Martha Kent rocks!); I know a secret was another great insight into Rachel Harris’s mind and heart (I adored your take on her); The Maysonry of Life and Rebuilding Superman are in my Top Twenty Favorites (harsh and difficult fics, but gems all the same. You changed my entire perception of Cat Grant: the canon character has become an extension of your Cat. And Clark’s new pen name still has me giggling.); etc.

So, no, your writing isn’t the reason of my wariness for your last endeavor. Don’t think that.
I know our writing styles are far apart, and I enjoy it. It would be a sad world if everyone used the same shades and paintbrushes: I don’t know about the “dreamy atmosphere” of my stories, just that I would love to be able to use words as you do. Alas, lack of talent and English being my second language prevent it. (I don’t even use English daily; I just read a lot of it, and also write English in my spare time.)

Regarding your fic, the truth be said, I’m squeamish. Really. I hide beneath the covers when there is a horror movie on TV; I clutch my husband’s hand when the hero is in danger and I sometimes browse the end of whodunnit novels to be sure that the heroine will come out of it unscathed. So... Werewolves tearing people apart might be a little too much for me. Blame it on your very vivid style and talent: if you were less skilful at evoking images, it would be less frightening. So I blame your talent on this one.

I do plan to read your fic. I want to read your fic. The thing is, I’m just not sure I’ll be able to.

As a matter of fact, werewolves don’t stick out among the ghosts, druids, voodoo and all from the original series. However, it had a comic book quality and light-hearted stylization which insured that the toys would come back into the box: Lois, Clark and Superman could not be harmed permanently and the audience was guaranteed a happy ending of sort. With your fics, one is never quite sure, and again, your writing gives a much more “realist” feel than the series ever did.

Well, that said, I’m about to read the first chapter. FDK will follow. That’s a promise! (As for the general lack of FDK, I’m told that’s a problem in all fandoms. Besides, September is always a busy time of the year.)