#41 The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll

Brett and Kelly have always toed the line between supportive sisters and bitter rivals. Growing up, Brett was the problem child, in the shadow of the brilliant and beautiful Kelly. In adulthood, all that has changed. Kelly is a struggling single mother and Brett has skyrocketed to such meteoric success, which has been chronicled on a reality TV show called Goal Diggers.

When Kelly manipulates herself onto the show and into Brett’s world, Brett is right to be threatened. Kelly, and only Kelly, knows her younger sister's appalling secret, and it could ruin her.

Still, when the truth comes out in the explosive final weekend of filming, neither of them ever expected that the season would end in murder

First, I have to say that my taste in reality TV shows is HGTV and that's about it. I was reading a heavy political book and needed something light and this fit the bill. Kind of like a Lifetime movie - a real train wreck but entertaining to watch.

#42 Bullies: How the Left's Culture of Fear and Intimidation Silences Americans by Ben Shapiro

While Ben had many good points, this was a depressing book to get through. At times he got as snarky as some of the 'bullies' he was writing about.

#43 Forget You Know Me by Jessica Strawser

When a video call between friends captures a shocking incident no one was supposed to see, the secrets it exposes threaten to change their lives forever.

Molly and Liza have always been enviably close. Even after Molly married Daniel, the couple considered Liza an honorary family member. But after Liza moved away, things grew more strained than anyone wanted to admit—in the friendship and the marriage.

When Daniel goes away on business, Molly and Liza plan to reconnect with a nice long video chat after the kids are in bed. But then Molly leaves the room to check on a crying child.

What Liza sees next will change everything.

Despite the opening, this was not a thriller. It focused on the friendship between the women. This felt more like a Lifetime movie than a realistic look at a friendship. (Such as, a woman suffering from chronic pain can suddenly run in a 4K?)

Last edited by scifiJoan; 07/30/19 11:19 AM.