MikeM

One of the things I love about your stories is that you take opportunities/decisions that the series made to create drama/tension/angst and make slight changes that keep that from happening. Groobie pointed out one regarding Lois' father's affair (or near one in this case) but Clark deliberately not seeking Lois out as Superman reduces the "Love Triangle with two people" issue. While Lois rescues will always top his priority list, him stopping by (as Superman) Lois' apartment would reduce Lois' 'Superman fantasy'. Just little things that change the path of their relationship for the better (at least easier).

Agreed. One of the reasons Lois was so angry with him was because he had played with her emotions by dropping the apartment so often. She felt like a fool. She mentioned after her aborted wedding to Lex Luthor that she was such a good judge of character. It was originally a throwaway line, but she meant it ... and to a certain degree it was true. Otherwise how could Lois have gotten to the top of her profession without that talent?

In any case, I always felt that Lois reacted to the revelation that way out of embarrassment, probably thinking to herself: What? Fooled by a man again?

I appreciate the insight! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Morgana; 01/08/19 07:39 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.