Thanks, Morgana! It's always such a treat to hear from you! I'm so excited that you're enjoying this -- your occasional emails letting me know you haven't forgotten me are always a highlight of my days! sloppy And yeah, it's kind of a vicious circle with the Secret: without him making extra effort, there's not a lot of reason to share more; but the more he shares, the more it becomes important that he confide the truth. That's why I really don't think there's a RIGHT way for him to have done things, just a lot of bad ways, some less bad, and a few not very bad. (If that makes any sense...)

Thanks, CarrieRene! Glad you're enjoying the story (even if it really is four separate stories, and I just have to call it one to justify trying to get them all done!).

Millefeuilles -- what can I say in response to your lovely feedback? That it made me smile? That it made my day? That I've reread it through several times? All of those would be true. Thanks so much for the wonderful comment! The tie-in from the beginning and ending paragraphs were some of my favorite and what really brought the whole thing together in my mind. And as glad as I am that the length was perfect for you...well, I'm not good at staying short...and each chapter seems to get slightly longer... Sorry!

Thanks, Framework4!

Aww, thanks, Mouserocks! It's good to be writing L&C again! I really liked the part where Clark kept touching the injury, too. Realistically, I think that there would be a lot more mental trauma for Clark to handle even if the physical wound healed, and that's something, as I'm sure anyone reading even just the summaries of my other stories, knows I enjoy delving into. blush Thanks for being patient...ish!

Good to hear from you again, Lynn! Glad you enjoyed and that you're all not tired of my writing yet.

Thanks, SJH. I was worried Lois's reaction here would seem just a little out of character, so this was a very reassuring comment!

So true, cuidadora! I always watch it keeping in mind that some things were played for laughs rather than 'realism,' which allows me to overlook some things, but it is nice when Lois can see a situation through someone else's pov and/or not just have a knee-jerk reaction. Yes, James really became a favorite for me -- though I'm very glad that this Jimmy doesn't need to assume all that responsibility!

Aww, glad to hear from you, DC! I'd love to do more than four moments, but I'm having a hard time just squeezing these in among everything else! My goal is to finish up all my L&C WIP before the New Year, so you might be seeing another story beside this. We'll see (I do work in retail, after all, and this is the holidays...). I'm glad Lois's reaction here seemed in-character!

Thanks, scifiJoan! I hope you enjoy the other three chapters too!