Thanks, everyone, for taking a moment to comment! I know how busy people are, so it means so much that you all stopped by to leave a little feedback.

There is so much to explore about this wonderful new story, I cannot figure out where to begin.

First of all, welcome back to the fandom!

Thanks, Morgana - for both the compliment and the welcome back! This fandom will always hold a special place in my heart, in the same way the show itself does.

I love the way Clark asked her out on a real date! He stood his ground and fought for the woman he loves rather than give in and have that awful conversation with her later as Superman. No, he told her what she needed to hear. For one night he was not going to share her with the rest of the world, nor were they going to talk about Lex. It is a pity he didn’t do that in the show.

I'm glad you liked him asking her out. I mean, that scene in the park - hasn't everyone re-written that scene in a dozen different ways in our heads? 'Cause we know that Lois isn't really thinking this one through - she's in that scared-of-how-much-he-really-means-to-me phase (plus, she has been slightly blinded by a superhero in a cape - half of that is Clark's own fault, though wink ) I really wanted them to have at least one more evening together.... and my mind went from there. So that's how this story was born!

I am loving this. This is more how it should have gone at the end of Season 1. I liked how we heard Lois' thoughts and how she even began to think about Lex's evil deeds. I am looking forward to the next part.

Thanks, CarrieRene! I enjoy getting inside both Lois and Clark's heads... but you guys tell me if it's too much introspection! I also wanted Lois to think through her 'relationship' with Lex. I always thought she was way more accepting in the show than she should have been!

Hey, Tracey!

Thanks for dragging us back here!

rotflol I'm glad that I could, Anna! Thanks for leaving some fdk! Just like old times, right?!

Welcome back!

And I too am loving your story so far. I agree with Morgana that your description of LNN beautifully describes how I saw it, too. clap

Thank you, cuidadora! I'm glad that you found the description truthful. And thanks for the welcome back!

Thank you for having Lois be more aware of what's going on and how she's being manipulated! Nice to see the award-winning investigative reporter using her skills in her personal life. thumbsup

Yes! I always wanted to her to be more suspicious of Lex. I mean, he was a powerful businessman... and she's investigated a bunch of men like him in her career! Wouldn't it make sense that she didn't take his philanthropist act at face-value?

This looks great! I've enjoyed your other stories on the archive and am really looking forward to this one!

Aw, thank you, PuffyTiger! It's so cool to hear that you've read my other stories - glad you enjoyed them! I hope you enjoy this one, too!

Welcome back to the LnC fandom! I really enjoyed all your stories in the archives, and I’m so glad to read another one. smile1 And, besides what a treat, a fic which was Beta-ed by KathyB and FDK-ed by Kaethel who both were among my favorite authors! Bliss.

Thanks, Millefeuilles! So happy to hear that you enjoyed the other stories I've written. And yes, Kathy and Kaethel are some of the best - both as writers and as people. I was so lucky that they both had some time to read and help me out with this story!

Lex checking on her after a panicked employee-spy from LNN phoned him, babbling excuses and the like for failing to control Miss Lane? And mentioning that Miss Lane was last seen talking to someone called C. Kent?

Haha, yes! That Lex Luthor seems to know everything, doesn't he?

I love it! More, please! =D

Thanks, Queen! I will post more soon!

I love how her subconscious is making sure she's got the perfect outfit while her conscious brain is in turmoil.

Should give her a clue, shouldn't it? Um, Lois, gee, you might feel a little more for him than you think you do... wink Thanks for leaving some feedback, AmyPrime! Appreciate it.

Hi Tracey. I'm excited to read your story.

Hi BJ! Thanks for reading! I've been reading some of your stories on the archive - Kathy pointed me in the right direction! - and I've really been enjoying them! You are a great writer.

This makes sense when she's thinking about Clark. It might be nice to see Lois apply the same logic to her relationship with Lex. She just accepted a job working at him and was at the very least dating him. Why doesn't Lois see the drawbacks or the potential rumors that would accompany getting the job just because she was dating (or married) the boss? How does she think becoming the wife of the 3rd richest man will affect her? Her life will be public with media and tabloid scrutiny or rumors daily.

Ooh, and this is why FOLCs are the best readers! You're totally right. I will be sure to add in a paragraph or two about this before I submit the final draft to the archives. Thanks so much for the suggestion - it makes perfect sense!

Yes, Lois. Go with that one.

LOL! Yes, hopefully she will wink

In a very short period of time she went from 'Not my type' to 'Good for her, just what she needed'. If she had more 'discussions' like this with herself in the series she might have avoided many of the issues she had in the last part of Season 1 and first part of Season 2.

So true, Mike! She just needed to think things through a little bit! Oh, and thank you for making my TOC for me - I'd forgotten we did those! I've been out of the loop for too long.

Yay! Welcome back, Tracey!

I really loved this first chapter. I think it's a very unique request of Clark's and it'll hopefully be enlightening... both on how Lex really is and how she really feels about Clark.

Thanks, Mouserocks! It's nice to be back to post this story. I'm glad you think the premise is unique - isn't it cool that we can still find new ways to write about our favorite show? I love the creativity of this fandom.

You all have been wonderful! I can't thank you enough for reading. Part 2 is coming up!

Tracey smile