Bonjour Tracey,
Welcome back to the LnC fandom! I really enjoyed all your stories in the archives, and I’m so glad to read another one. smile1 And, besides what a treat, a fic which was Beta-ed by KathyB and FDK-ed by Kaethel who both were among my favorite authors! Bliss.

I love variations on BatP/HoL wink and yours is VERY promising… I love how your Lois awakens to some self-awareness, and the fact that you circumvented her very awkward meeting with Superman. Having Clark asking her out is a great try, but it could end on heartbreak for him...

Talk about sudden! And every date they’d ever been on had been formal, almost like he was courting her. Dinners, operas, banquets and events… good grief, she’d never even seen him without his suit and tie, and she was supposed to be thinking about spending the rest of her life with him? She was so mad at him for rushing their relationship!
She’s beginning to see the light… Obviously, this period of thinking (“Lois sat on that park bench for a long time after he’d gone.”) did Lois a world of good.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the shrill ringing of her telephone. She glanced over at it; she really didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now… but what if it was Clark?
Lex checking on her after a panicked employee-spy from LNN phoned him, babbling excuses and the like for failing to control Miss Lane? And mentioning that Miss Lane was last seen talking to someone called C. Kent?

Well, she wouldn’t go that far, Lois thought; she’d been interested, sure, but she’d also felt a more than a little overwhelmed and out-of-place. At first, she’d been happy to be around the news again, but after a while, she had started to ache for the newsroom at the Planet. That was where she belonged. LNN had felt like trying on an expensive dress; beautiful and sophisticated, but not quite her style, and definitely not something she wanted to wear every day.
<Lightbulb lighting up>

There was a surprised pause on the other end of the line. Lex Luthor obviously wasn’t used to hearing no.
No, he isn’t. I imagine she’ll realize it soon enough.

“Good night, my dear. Enjoy your evening.”
said Lex. He immediately called Mrs Cox, and demanded that the goon hidden near Lois’s building would be alert watching her every move.

tbc
Oh, yeeeees, please. Looking forward for more.
Greetings from France!