Ann, this was so perfect. Your writing is absolutely beautiful — as everyone else has already said, I would've never guessed English wasn't your first language!

This is such an incredibly creative way for Clark to reveal his secret to Lois. *loves* And your Clark! Oh, Ann, he's so raw and real and unsure of himself and I fell in love with him immediately, even while my heart was breaking. Your characterization and spot-on dialogue were just ... gah, I don't even have the words to describe what a visceral chord they struck.

"I always wanted to be Clark to you, Lois."
What's that? Oh, nothing — it's just my heart cracking for this man.

"I wanted you to love me," he said, so low she almost couldn't hear. "I wanted you to love me for myself."
!!! At this point, I want to physically grab Lois and make her hug Clark to reassure him.

"I'm - I'm the man I am with you", he insisted. "When I am with you, that's when I'm really myself. I don't think I've ever been myself before. Before I met you. Before I - before I started being with you."
... Beautiful. Heart-breakingly beautiful.

Half-turning away from her, he raked his fingers through his hair, then buried his face in his hands.

"I'm... I was so scared," he whispered. "Scared that you would reject me, now that I'd finally found myself, thanks to you. I didn't know if I could live without you," he added bleakly. "And I didn't know if you would have me if you really knew me."
And the honesty, the admission of fear ... *loves* Seriously, Ann, this was fantastic. The angst, the perfect ending, just everything. I so hope you consider writing more — you're too talented not to!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien