Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by jackiek
Great wrap up. I really like how they caught Johnny. I was never comfortable with the way they did it in the show. This made way more sense and sounds more like something Superman would have done. I really like how Lois was there for Lucy and the little scene between Lois and Clark at the end. Looking forward to th next instalment!

Hi jackiek! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I never liked the idea of Superman being as callous as he was in the show. I know he couldn't go near Metallo in the fight but it felt very cold and un-Supermanly compared to the rest of the series and the episode. I figured using brains instead of brawn here would be better. Glad you enjoyed the fic.

I should be posting Rules of Family when we get closer to Christmas. It's a shorter one and holiday themed. grin

Catching up on my reading. Love what you did with this story! I agree that Superman was too callous in the original. And your version shows Clark using his brain, not just his brawn. One of the things that I've always loved about the Pilot was the scene where Clark converses with Dr. Platt about the ion particles. It had the promise of this Clark being more scientific than some versions, and I was sorry when that aspect of his personality got dropped. It would make sense for the biological son of two scientists to at least have an aptitude for science, even if he chose not to be a scientist. And sending Clark to Dr. Klein fits that perfectly. clap

Yay! Another part this year! Whoo-hoo!!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly