Oh, what a great chapter!

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Clark sighed, “I need you to put a stop to this.” He ordered.

“Stop to what?” Jimmy asked.

“The talk around the Planet about my relationship with Lois. The women showing up at my desk with some misconception that I need a date…”

“Sorry about that.” Jimmy apologized. “The only girls I know that are available are the interns.”

“Why would you do something like this?” Clark asked, “If you had a concern you should have talked to me about it.”

“I know. We weren’t thinking. I’m sorry, CK.”

“We?” Clark’s ears perked up. “What do you mean by ‘we?’”

“Well, um…” Jimmy looked toward the door.

“Well?”

“She said you needed to find a date. I was just trying to help, honest.” Jimmy squealed out hurriedly.

“She?” His eyes narrowed.

Banter between Clark and Jimmy! clap It's refreshing to see Clark angry at someone other than the bad guys. And his anger at both Jimmy and later Lois is totally justified.

Well, Clark should know better than to get between Lois and her investigation. It makes sense that he's so angry he forgot that. So now they're both angry. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
“Don’t play games!” Clark snapped, “I know it was you.”

“Me?” Lois shrugged, “What are you talking about?”

“You know, I thought you had a problem with Mayson, but I didn’t think you’d stoop that low,” Clark added irritably. “I have to work here too. I don’t appreciate you airing my personal life on the Planet Grapevine just because you can’t stand…”

“What are you talking about??” Lois snapped, “I haven’t done anything!”

“Oh, so you didn’t tell Jimmy that I needed a date?”

“Well…”

“You are unbelievable!” He fumed angrily. “Who do you think you are??”

“I was trying to help!” Lois snapped back.

“Help??” He scoffed. “You’re joking, right?”

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. On the other side was Mayson Drake. He stepped off the elevator, and put on his best smile, “Mayson, what are you doing here?”

“I thought I could come steal you for lunch. Maybe talk?” She gave him a warm smile.`

“Gladly.” He said, shooting a warning glare at Lois as he walked past her.

Mayson grinned ear to ear as he followed her into the elevator.

Lois shot daggers at him as the elevator doors closed, and he did his best not to react.

And just when Clark is getting to the bottom of the problem, Mayson Interruptus strikes again! rotflol

More, soon please! clap

Last edited by cuidadora; 08/04/17 08:36 AM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly