They stared frostily at each other having a silent battle of wills. The tense spell was broken by Lois’s forceful entrance into the room. The office door rebounded as she took several steps into the office, tears sliding down her cheeks as she asked, “You’re getting a divorce? Because of me?”

Ellen Lane looked daggers at Sam and then grabbed her coat and purse. She paused long enough to kneel down and wipe away Lois’s tears. “Not because of you, sweetheart. Because of us.”

She took Lois by the hand and without looking back, led her silently out of the roo

Yikes! Now we know where Lois got her strength of personality. This is the Ellen Lane I prefer! When she was briefly portrayed by Phyllis Coates in the final episode of Season One I figured she was not a person to put up with Sam Lane's foolishness. Here we see up protecting Lois from her father. The man is crazy on more than one level!

Clark knocked sharply on the Chief’s office door and hardly waited for her perfunctory reply before stepping inside. Catherine Grant sat exactly where he expected her to be – behind the heavy oak desk with a blue pencil holding her hair in a loose bun. His editor looked up from the afternoon edition mock-up spread out in front of her and smiled in greeting.

Ha! Hmmm, why does Catherine Grant becoming the new editor of The Daily Planet after Perry's exit not surprise me?
whistle

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.