Yay! Another chapter! dance Perfect thing to start a five am wake up call kind-of-day.

I love this! Characterization is great! You've really got a hold on their personalities-- which I find very impressive, because even though they're still technically the characters we know and love from the show, as Alt-u characters they do have different aspects to their personalities. Lois' ire at not being respected as a reporter trumping her emotional fallout was very true to character, as was Clark's hesitance over meeting her.

Totally wasn't even expecting their first meeting to go like this, but that made it all the more perfect. Lois whacking him upside the head mentally was fabulous, and I like that Clark actually felt it. (Lois: where's that 2x4? wallbash )

Cat laughed as she stood and took him by the shoulders. “I think you were gone too long, Clark. Those keen powers of observation failed you this time,” Cat teased as she turned him around.

“Clark Kent, meet Lois Lane.”
Haha, nice bit of roll reversal here! laugh Like that in the alt-verse, Clark would be the one storming in while Lois is sitting there.

He almost laughed bitterly at the irony. Why would he meet *this* Lois only after he’d realized that he could never love her the way she deserved? Talk about bad timing.

*shakes head* Oh, Clark. You don't really love the other Lois. It's just misplaced affection. Give yours a shot!

The force of his emotions and words nearly staggered her. To be in the same room with a telepath as strong as Clark was completely overwhelming.
Oh, Lois, honey, no. mecry Don't feel rejected just yet. Clark's not a telepath like you are.

“While I think I understand what just happened, I’m not going to delve,” she explained
Ooh, does Cat know something about Lois' powers? I like that even if she does, she doesn't spill all to Clark. Of all people, Clark should respect that she isn't willing to gossip about anybody's powers, even if he's already exposed in this universe. Bonus points for Cat in my book. In fact, double bonus points, because I really love that you made her editor-in-chief too and think she would indeed do a fantastic job in the role.

clap Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain