Mouserocks Thanks for responding. Yes, this Sam Lane character is a little worse than the one we saw on the show. I couldn't do that to Lois without balancing things out a little by giving her a more supportive and nurturing mom.

I'm glad you like the non-linear format. I wanted to introduce Lois, but didn't want to take everyone back to her childhood before we started to see the adult characters we love together. Which will happen soon. Yes, Clark is taking his time coming back from the other universe.

As for the FDK thread, I wasn't sure if authors created their own these days or whether the readers started them. If you like having the FDK thread started with each chapter, I can definitely do that. I'm updating the TOC anyway. Thanks again!

KathyB! If the flashbacks work for the readers, it's because of your advice. laugh
I also got a major kick out of how Mad Dog Lane is even MORE of a rockstar in this universe because of her powers. She solved the entire first season's worth of storylines in her first month on the job.
I did think that her abilities would help her get the stories a bit faster, but I'm might have overdone it a little. blush Clark is going to be gone for a while, it would probably be a little more believable to stretch that timeframe out a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm tweaking chapter 2 a little, but I'll try to get it up tomorrow.