Originally Posted by Morgana
Wow! This was different and very refreshing!

Hi Morgana! wave Thanks! Feel free to pick up any of the challenges and write away.

It bothers me that Jimmy felt he was entitled to know Clark's secret. As has been mentioned/written on more than one occasion, it is a very dangerous secret to know. Sometimes the saying 'ignorance is bliss' is actually a protection and not a problem. Jimmy has to realize that Clark (and now Lois) walk on a very different path from most people and that 'the secret' is kept for their privacy.

I'm not sure if he felt entitled to know but rather was just hurt that Clark --Someone he thought he knew and trusted--had been lying to him. Jimmy gets treated like he's insignificant. (ie: Perry using him as an errand boy till he stood up for himself) He's hurt his friend didn't trust him as much as he thought he did. He does realize the reason for the lie but is still hurt.

On the other hand, it is great to see these two men interact with each other in a way that was rarely seen on the show.

Yes, a bit of friendly bonding goes a long way. There is a whole comic series dedicated to Superman's Friend, Jimmy Olsen so I imagine they'd be able to sit down and talk rationally....maybe even joke about some things...makes for a great friendship. smile

Oh yeah, while reading this I visualize Michael Landes, never warmed to the actor Justin Whalin. Michael's Jimmy was on a more equal footing than with Lois and Clark. When Jimmy acted as Best Man in the Wedding episode I wanted to scream. sad

Really? I loved Justin. I thought he brought a bit more depth to the Jimmy Olsen character than Michael did. (errr maybe he was just written better in S2-4?) I think they both have their strengths though.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube