Wow! This was different and very refreshing!

Clark gave him a weak smile, “I found something worth sticking around for.”

Jimmy nodded his understanding, realizing it wasn’t the Planet Clark was referring to. “Lois.” It had been apparent to anyone with a pulse that Clark Kent was head over heels in love with Lois Lane for a long time. Even when they’d fought and before they were partnered up you could tell from the look in his eyes that he was a man in love. Jimmy envied his friend, knowing that he’d finally found himself, someone, to love and accept him for who he was—something he craved with his unlucky in love life.

“Lois…and the Planet. Friends.” He looked back at Jimmy with a smile. “A life.”

“I guess I can understand that.”

“Can you?”

“Yeah, I guess it’d be pretty hard to be ..who you are …and keep some sort of resemblance of a normal life.”

“Jimmy, if anyone found out—you, Lois, the Chief, my parents—all of you would be in danger.”

It bothers me that Jimmy felt he was entitled to know Clark's secret. As has been mentioned/written on more than one occasion, it is a very dangerous secret to know. Sometimes the saying 'ignorance is bliss' is actually a protection and not a problem. Jimmy has to realize that Clark (and now Lois) walk on a very different path from most people and that 'the secret' is kept for their privacy.

Jimmy laughed, seeing the embarrassed look on Clark’s face, “This is gonna be kinda weird, huh? Me knowing?”

“I think it’s something we’ll get used to.” Clark looked around at the park that was dimming as the sun set over the lake.

On the other hand, it is great to see these two men interact with each other in a way that was rarely seen on the show. Oh yeah, while reading this I visualize Michael Landes, never warmed to the actor Justin Whalin. Michael's Jimmy was on a more equal footing than with Lois and Clark. When Jimmy acted as Best Man in the Wedding episode I wanted to scream. sad

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.