Hi Terry!
End of an Era
Wonder which era?

“It’s time, Mr. Luthor.”

The prison chaplain’s final message to the condemned.
Ah, I see. Lex finally managed to get Superman convicted for trying to subvert humanity and establish a Kryptonian colony on Earth while making the female population his professional caregivers.
LOIS: mad
CLARK: shock Lois, you can’t believe him! I *never* wanted more than *one* professional caregiver!

The state allows the condemned to choose the “method of passing from this world to the next,” as the warden so tenderly phrased it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python's_The_Meaning_of_Life (Parth Vii)

Where is Superman? Surely he’s nearby, ready to swoop down and carry me away from my imminent demise. Or perhaps he’s waiting until the very last moment – for dramatic effect, of course. He has saved so many innocents over the last few years, so what’s one more? And he could come back at any time to repair any damage done during the rescue.
dizzy Probably had some prescription drugs for his last meal, huh?

The colorfully clad hero who has dedicated himself to saving lives must feel obligated to save mine.
SUPERMAN: Ribbon cutting at the local pet shelter or saving Lex Luthor. Hmm…tough call.

He must be anticipating my demise and my permanent absence from his wife’s life. He still fears that she will come to her senses, terminate her relationship with him, and return to my side where she belongs.
Yes. That must be it. Uh-huh.

Then he turns to me and stares at me through the window. “May God have mercy on your soul, Alexander Luthor,” he intones.
[Linked Image]
LUCIFER: We’re getting a new permanent resident, Maize.
MAIZIKEN: I know! It’s going to be *fun*!

So. Despite my desperate situation, it appears that I cannot count on Superman’s help.
What an ungrateful alien. After all Lex has done for the man.

Odd. I never realized how much the shape of his face resembles that of Superman. The expression also reminds me of the caped hero. His eyes—

Are glowing.

They’re glowing!
Oh dear.
CLARK: What? I did explain this to Tempus already. Can’t keep repeating myself, though, now can I?

And both he and Lois would sleep better tonight.
But what if Mrs. Cox was carrying Lex’s love child? What if Lex Jr. will now come after them?

What a grim tale you spun, Terry. Very well done! clap

I currently have four longer tales I keep pecking at in between health crises (illness, hospital stays, generally feeling lousy) and general life interruptions, but earlier this week I opened a treatment I had on this, decided to jot down a few notes, and this came out. Hope some FoLCs like it.
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that. frown

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.