There are many, many revelation stories, but this part is such a great build-up, such a great insight into how Clark is feeling in this moment.

Tonight, finally, he will find out how reality continues on from that instant. And tomorrow…tomorrow, he’ll never have to imagine this again. He’ll never have to dream about it, or wonder about what-ifs, or stop himself from imagining it too full of clichés and happily-ever-afters. Tomorrow, it will all be over: the fear, and the lies, and the stupid excuses, and the disappointment in her eyes, and the painful things he has to do to keep up the charade of being two people.

This idea that, good or bad, at least it will be done. That by pushing past the fear, he'll have told the truth, so that's out of the way, and that all that's left is to deal with the consequences. I'd think there would be a real sense of relief in that, letting go of the pressure of holding on to the secret, regardless of what that means the next day.

Because once he tells her, once she knows…he will belong to her. In some way, in some form, he will always belong to her.
Awww! That's so true, regardless of the outcome.

But then, the revelation scene...oh my god! Riveting, powerful, shocking in its brutal honesty - I felt the energy crackling in that room! So heartbreakingly good! It takes genuine talent to write that level of emotion and make it feel so real. hail

Waiting impatiently for more!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink