“If I wait, I may never get another chance!” he exclaimed. He paced before them, back and forth, a little afraid to let them see the determination, the impatience (the panic that has nothing to do with the threat they’re thinking of) in his eyes. “She won’t tell me what’s going on, and this morning I realized…how can I expect her to tell me her secrets if I can’t tell her mine?” And then he did look at them, struck by the truth behind his own words. “I love her. She’s afraid of commitment, and I think I am too, in a way, but…but I love her. And I think--I hope--she loves me too.”

No no no no no no no!!!!!! peep You can't do that now!

Tonight, finally, he will find out how reality continues on from that instant. And tomorrow…tomorrow, he’ll never have to imagine this again. He’ll never have to dream about it, or wonder about what-ifs, or stop himself from imagining it too full of clichés and happily-ever-afters. Tomorrow, it will all be over: the fear, and the lies, and the stupid excuses, and the disappointment in her eyes, and the painful things he has to do to keep up the charade of being two people.
And I will be crying, won't I?

Only the possibility of Lois marrying Luthor comes anything close to the absolute terror rampaging through him now.
Ooh, if you only knew. I have a feeling this is going to turn into Clark's worst nightmare, isn't it?

“Clark, it’s over.”
Oh, marvelous. Wonderful. Yeah, no promises that I won't hate you.

“I just…I’m starting to think it was a mistake to give up on Superman.”
Ouch. cat Yikes.
I don't quite understand. Clark claimed he was so worried about Lois loving Superman instead of Clark that he proposed to her first. Shouldn't Clark be upset here? Even if he's considering Lois's feelings for him being clouded by Superman, it doesn't work, because canon says that Clark's fear of not being accepted is so great that when lois said "not yet," Clark said, "You found out something about me you just didn't like." (To paraphrase.) I've always thought that one of the reasons why Clark never told her, perhaps subconsciously, is because he didn't want to ruin his chances as Clark. Why would he give that speech here and now, when she's clearly still focused on Superman? I would have expected Clark to get mad.

Other than that, though....
thud

...How dare you.
This is awful. This is terrible! We saw just how engrained and serious that fear of not being accepted is to Clark, and all this did was confirm it. How will he be able to trust her again, even after everything is over? It's almost like Lois with her trust issues-once you've been hurt enough, once that confirmation has been placed, it's difficult to overcome.
How's Clark going to recover? How is Lois going to live with herself? How am I going to wait another week?
Now, I know Clark has more than enough reason to believe Lois, to hate her and let her go, but I sincerely hope that kiss she stole before everything exploded will tell him something. I hope something in his subconscious figures her out.
Congratulations, you've succeeded in destroying my favorite couple. whinging

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."