"It's not like that! She'd almost died and I..."

"Oh!" Lois spat, cutting him off. "She almost died! Well then, maybe I should go put myself into mortal peril too, so you'll finally be honest with me for once!"

Yeaaaaahhhh...not the best argument there, Clark. razz

"I know," Clark said quietly. "I messed up, Lois. I was too afraid to tell you. Because...because of this moment, when I'd have to be afraid that my lies would have put too great a wedge between us. I was terrified of losing you. I still am."

Sure, Clark, but when Lois asked you to marry her, you had your answer to the question of whether she loved Clark or Superman. Fear over losing her is not a suitable justification for waiting, because it will cause you to continue to wait. I stand by my earlier suggestion that he just spin into the suit before he took off for Japan. laugh

"Clark trusted you enough to help him tonight. I think he'd want you to come. And...I want you to come. Look, you and I have had our differences. And maybe we don't really like each other all that much but...I'd feel better, if you came with us."

Hmmm...awfully charitable of Lois. She's not usually one for playing nice! rotflol I wonder if Mayson and Lois will end up being friends by the end of this story. Neither of them seem to have too many!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink