…and back again!
Clark had been hit by lightning more times than he cared to remember, but the shock to his body had never felt even remotely like this.
Plus, Lois was standing right there and yet, she’s not hovering.

But that would mean finally gathering up the courage to let her into that secret part of himself, the part he never let anyone get anywhere close to.
Funny thing, how he next runs away [Linked Image]
CLARK: Really? You think that’s *funny*?
ER: From a purely aesthetical PoV, yes, yes it is.

He swiftly severed the connection. He had no choice but to go and help. He just wished the timing would have been better.
Yes. Sure. Timing.

"Idiot!" he heard Lois chastising herself as he tuned his hearing to her. "I knew it was a bad idea to ask him. It's still too early in our relationship. And now I've scared him off. Good going, moron."
Oh dear. She’s blaming herself!

And, he noticed, as he got deeper and deeper into the facility, he began to feel strangely. He almost felt...sick.
Oh dear. Are they burning green crystals?

Each time he coughed, a bit of mucus came up, though it did nothing to relieve the congestion he felt.
At least it’s not blood, yet. So the radiation sickness isn’t too far along.

Clark nodded once in acknowledgement. Mr. Hamada extended a hand, which Clark took and shook.
Umm…what about decontamination? And is Mr. Hamada emulating western mannerisms as a courtesy to Superman?

By the time he reached Metropolis, he could barely fly. Forced into a landing, he found himself still a ways from either his apartment or Lois'. But he was near one friend's apartment.
Huh, wonder who.

"Now you've done it. You've scared him off. The one time I've ever been completely happy in my life, and I've gone and destroyed it. Why? Why did I have to ask him to marry me? Why couldn't I have waited for him to make the first move?"
Yes, Much better to seduce him, get pregnant after a couple of nights and *then* tell him. He’ll likely still take it as a marriage proposal and probably not run off.

"Lois, it's me. Mayson. Mayson Drake."
shock A…a…ghost! Clark died and went to Heaven!

Lois gripped the headset as anger shot through her. "What about Clark?"

"He's here, at my apartment."

"Yeah, well, you're welcome to him," Lois spat out.
laugh

"You don't understand. He's...he's in trouble," Mayson said, her voice shaking.
Of course he’s in trouble. He’s got a Lois and was found in Mayson’s apartment. Also, she *knows*? jawdrop

"That's ridiculous! He was just with me not five hours ago!"
Maybe it’s food poisoning.

"It's...it's complicated. You, of all people, should know that," Mayson said cryptically.
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

Mayson gestured down the hallway to their right. "This way. In the guest room."

Guest room, Lois sneered to herself.

Jealous.
But Lois had one, too, didn’t she? For Lucy?

"Superman?" she asked, looking to Mayson. "I don't understand. I thought you said Clark was in trouble."

"He is, can't you see that?"

"Mayson, for the love of God, don't jerk me ar..." She bit off her words abruptly and looked back at the sleeping face next to her. "C...Clark?"
rotflol clap

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
And then spin into his Superman uniform in front of her and take off? Then again, who knows what would've happened to Lois's unconscious body lying unprotected in the park.
rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.