Hi Vicki!

When Lois decides that Clark is the one for her, she doesn't leave anything up to chance. But she may know less than she thinks she does.
Ah, let’s see about that one! smile1

Author's Note: I'm messing with everything, as usual.
LOIS: dizzy
CLARK: confused

Clark whistled as he adjusted his tie in the mirror. It felt strange, to be wearing a plain black tie, instead of one of his typically more colorful, interesting ones.
A funeral? But why is he whistling. Maybe it’s Lex’s funeral?

For the life of him, Clark couldn't understand why Lois wanted to go there. Or why she was insisting that tonight's date was on her.
Ah, that’s why. Wonder if he senses that he’s headed to his funeral and thus decided on a more somber attire.

Sure, it was their six month anniversary, but that didn't quite justify the extravagance of this date, in his mind.
She could also be trying to get him in the sack.

The one person in the entire world he would one day tell his secret to.
TRASK: I suddenly feel so cheap and used mecry

The other part of him was terrified of the prospect and the unknown that would come as a result.
Worried he might no longer have a reason to avoid intimacy?

"Maybe it's time," he mumbled to himself as he craned his neck first one way, then the other, searing the stubble from his chin with his heat vision.
And maybe the grave’s just deep enough already.

He couldn't ruin the night for her by dropping a bombshell like the fact that he was Superman on her.
[Linked Image]

Benny shook his head. "Staying tough as always. The chemo's been so hard on him. But that kid hasn't complained once, if you can believe it. The doctors all seem to think he's responding well, and that he's got a good chance of beating this thing."
sad

He made it to her door with three minutes to spare, thanks to the skillful way the taxi driver navigated the city streets.
LOIS: And yet when I drive like that, he looks like his life’s flashing in front of his eyes.

"Yeah, you're right," Benny joked as he rang up Clark's purchase. "You take care not to lose her, you hear me? Women like Lois Lane are rare."
Sounds like good business for Benny!

"Going skiing in Colorado with her new boyfriend...Steve or Dean or George or Stanley...I don't know. Something. She's only been with him for two weeks."
huh Maybe it’s four guys? huh

"Why would I? She never stays with them long enough for me to get to know them,"
Like with fighter squadrons when the new guys must survive the fifth combat engagement before anyone bothers to learn their names?

Clark carefully spooned some of his Crème Brule into Lois' mouth, while she fed him dainty pieces of her torte.
laugh

"I've changed a lot in these last six months, Clark. My priorities have changed."
Oh dear! She’s breaking up with him wink You know, without knowing the premise, this would be the perfect suspense. No one would expect a proposal form Lois.

I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."
Two seconds later…
LOIS: dizzy Where did that rock come from?

"Clark Kent? Will you marry me?"
[Linked Image]

/off to part 2/

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.