Author's Note: I'm messing with everything, as usual.

If you didn't mess with everything I would be seriously worried! goofy

The visit to the hospital wasn't one he would soon be forgetting. He'd gone to hospitals before, of course. Superman was forever being asked to visit sick fans. But that had been the first time he'd personally known one of the people he'd been asked to visit. It had been a depressing experience, seeing so many kids stricken with illnesses - many of them terminal - but it had been uplifting as well, to see so many kids smiling and laughing amid their hospital stays. In the end though, he'd had to visit Lois under the guise of bringing ice cream sundaes, just to chase away the lingering grief in his heart.

So glad you showed this side of Superman! Usually its the rescues, but this is Clark in a quiet, yet powerful way of helping some children deal with the greatest challenge of their lives. Nicely written!

"Speaking of December," Clark said, "I was wondering if you'd like to come out to Smallville for Christmas. Or if you'd prefer, we can stay in Metropolis and my folks will fly in. They're okay with either option. Or did you have plans with your family?"

They are getting closer!

"I can't live without you in my life," she said, gazing into his eyes. "I need you, Clark. Today, tomorrow, always. I know this seems crazy and impulsive. But...I've been thinking long and hard about this Clark. This is what I want. I'm not jumping into this head first without checking the water level first. Please, believe me, Clark."

"I do, Lois," he replied, though he was confused. Just what was Lois getting at? "But, uh..."

He didn't get the chance to ask his question.

"Clark Kent? Will you marry me?"

Ohhh turning the tables on the men! Now what is Clark gonna do? help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.