peep Please don't hate me, but I'm finally back! It took forever to sell our house, but then when it finally happened, everything had to be done immediately! Still, I'm finally here, moved in, unpacked, started a new job, and have several new chapters of Ghost written. So, if anyone's still willing to take a chance on a disappearing author... blush

It's been so long no one probably remembers even leaving feedback, but thank you anyway to everyone who commented!

Honestly, groobie, when I came up with this premise, I fell in love with the plot, not with making Lois and Clark suffer. But somehow, they always seem to go hand in hand with me. huh

Ooh, I actually like those episodes with Luckabee, DC, though I know it's probably unpopular to admit that! The migraines are definitely important, though we'll have to see if Lois lets them influence her. Clark helping Lois with her migraine is one of my favorite parts -- and very welcome to write instead of hurting Clark some more (really, I DO like the guy happy, I swear!)

I've always felt that a relationship started in Season 1 was going to be fraught with lots of one step forward, two steps back kind of situations, Virginia (not that I don't love reading, or writing, about them anyway!). And with the Planet opening, Lois does feel like she has some kind of fallback plan at least. It is interesting to write Clark being the one left behind!

I needed poor L&C to connect, too, LMA! This story is almost as brutal, in some ways, as Newsworthy! It would be quite the miracle if Clark figured out what was happening, and he does have his own problems to contend with, of course...

Thank you, AnnieL! I love writing Clark, but this whole story is a bit outside my comfort zone, so I'm glad his pov is working for you! He definitely does have an important part to play! I still suffer migraines at times, so I know how awful they are (in fact, this chapter was incredibly easy to write for more than one reason), and they certainly do take a lot out of you! I absolutely lov how Lois and Clark balance each other out, which is one of the things I love playing with in all my AU stories, how that might change according to context, or how they always, no matter the situation, find ways to help each other out.

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback! Sorry again for the long absence!