While cruel, Lois is teaching Clark a valuable lesson that if their relationship (and Lois's health) survive this insurmountable test, could make it stronger in the long run. It'll be good for Clark (eventually) to know how it feels (from Lois's POV) when he leaves for a weak reason, or is constantly late, etc. I could see it make him more forthcoming with her.

Clark's tardiness made Lois head into one of her addictive future dreams. The migraines will continue to get worse as long as Lois continues to live in the future and not in the present. I fear what will happen to Lois's memories once she's changed the future and they are no longer available to her. Will she slip into the bottle as her mother did?

Interesting hypothesis Clark has created on why Lois decided to date him and now has started to slip away. I wonder if Lois deliberately did this (started slipping away once the Daily Planet was resurrected). Perhaps it is best that Lois and Clark didn't start dating when Lois was at the bottom of her Luthor black hole.

I'm glad they were able to have that moment where they could be honest with each other. Hopefully, it will give Clark the strength to make it through Lois's test. How much of Clark's reassurances did Lois hear and remember though? Oh, this is so painful, Lois's indifference to Clark's feelings, I just want it to be over and them to be on the road to recovery.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.