I love your FDK, AnnieL -- your impatience feeds me motivation! smile A few individual things I'll try to reply to (while ignoring a lot of it because spoilers) Lois was still scared of Luthor because of his reaction to her. He's always been good about only showing her a certain side of himself, and for him to drop that and let her catch a glimpse of his dangerous side would be very startling. How much can Clark really forgive? I really don't set out to create situations that challenge that question, but I do seem to be on a roll lately... Maybe it's because I think there have been enough stories dealing with Lois having to forgive Clark for keeping his Secret from her? I don't know -- guess that's for the shrinks to analyze! laugh I love your view of Lois and agree with it wholeheartedly -- Lois doesn't give up and she has ideals as big as Superman's (even if her ethics aren't quite as unbending as his), and yes, I am (doing my best to) keeping her in character. I just hope you'll agree when you get some of the answers to all these questions! And I would love to see a straight-out evil version of Scardino (canNOT stand that guy), but unfortunately, I try not to do any character-bashing just for my own peace of mind. grin

Yes, VirginiaR, this is definitely Clark in pain -- chapter 7 took me a long time because he was happy, but I got chapter 8 posted a lot faster because apparently I'm that sadistic? huh We know Clark needs Lois to keep him grounded, but unfortunately, that's not what Lois knows -- remember as late as Whine, Whine, Whine, she's telling Superman that trying to love him was just pulling him down. He's a complicated guy; it takes a while to figure him out, I guess. smile

Sorry to ruin your day, DC! sloppy Lois does have good reason for trusting her source, I promise! And yeah, I don't think Clark knows how to blame anyone else besides himself! Also, in my very thorough Disney education, I think Hercules is one of the only ones I missed somehow...? I'll have to pick it up and give it a try, though!

Thanks, LMA! I love S1 Jimmy (I'm fond of the other one, too, but S1 will always be my favorite), and this was one of my favorite scenes to write because he is trying very hard to be a good friend to both of them while being worried.

I do feel bad for Clark, groobie -- it's a bad situation for both of them! And yeah, we're pretty much getting to the very lowest of the low (before we start heading back up, hopefully)!

Thank you, everyone! So glad you're enjoying!