I was having such a good day, AntiK. How am I supposed to be happy after that? wallbash
In other words, I don't know how I'm going to survive the wait for part nine. clap

So Lois thinks she's a mental case, the poor thing. I like how you're incorporating those concerns into the story, but it's odd that she's having such severe physical reactions to the memories. That can't be healthy. Was that the same journal she was writing in when Clark went to check on her after hearing Lex? Why was Lois afraid of Lex if she was told he wasn't important anymore?

That last scene reminds me of Lois slamming the door in Clark's face in Lucky Leon. (Of course he just assumed she was in danger--well, that's not entirely the wrong assumption...) In that way, I think Clark's just taking the hurt of Lois's insensitivity in his initial shock and confusion makes some sense, but Lois also pinned some blame on him, so I would expect he felt that also he didn't have a whole lot of a reason to talk. I hope Clark uses more backbone as this behavior presumably gets more regular. It would hurt a little less, and Lois will probably feel better if he chooses to stand up for himself and walk away rather than letting her completely beat him down. Actually, I hope Clark takes a moment to look at the situation that came out of nowhere, and I hope he decides to investigate and save Lois from herself. Poor Clark whinging I imagine this will be incredibly hard to believably forgive, good intentions or not.

So Clark is going to be around after this is all over. Good! Erm...still not good. I hope your source is happy.

(Do you know? she wants to ask him. Can you tell how broken I am inside? Can you see the lies eating me up from the inside out? Can you help me?)
Perry is like a parent to Lois, isn't he? I hope Perry and Jimmy are somehow able to help her see the light and fix things before the damage is irreversible. If she can't confide in Clark, they're her best bets.

I love your depiction of Jimmy. He still comes off as young and vulnerable, but he's a good friend to Clark (and Lois, though I expect that will lessen soon).

Is this a scenerio Clark would have carried out had he been in Lois's shoes? Couldn't she have just not gotten involved with him? He wouldn't have to be distracted if they weren't dating. Apart from that, why not just move away from Clark? Maybe what this source really wants is to watch Lois tear herself apart until there's nothing left. Originally I thought he would have some other plan for her after this is all over, but I think this will be enough. I can't imagine being able to live with myself after something like this.
Robbing a bank to pay for medical expenses, the kind that will save a life, isn't right any more than this is. And that just isn't Lois--she wouldn't do this. This is wrong. I didnt think that's Lois's version of breaking his heart included this kind of cruelty (though maybe I should have, thinking back on it...)The Lois I know has always been so determined to do right and unaccepting of no-win situations like this, even when Clark is. What circumstances are there around the world's destruction that make this so in-character for Lois? What did your source do to her?
I've come to the point where I'm asking the same questions every FDK. Apparently I'm more impatient than I thought goofy

Lois is going to have an insane amount of double fudge crunch bars stocked up after this.

I suppose your source couldn't be Mayzik, could it? Something about this smells more along his lines, and the dialogue from part six doesn't sound too far off. Is this guy's use of the fire escape from chapter six important? That's right along the lines of Dan Scardino, and I could see the dialogue potentially fitting an evil version of him, as well.

Last edited by AnnieL; 07/11/16 02:51 PM. Reason: Additional comments

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."