Originally Posted by Morgana
"I just love the snow, don't you?" Lex asked after a few moments. "See how pristine and clean it makes the world? And the ice! It gives everything such a wonderful sheen to it, like the world has been coated in a layer of pure diamond."

"It is very beautiful," Lois agreed. She brushed her fingertip over an iced over section of hedges that had long since lost their leaves. "But I've always preferred the summer. The long days, the warmth, how everything is green and growing." She couldn't help the genuine smile that crossed her lips as she spoke.

"I'd have to agree with you. Summer is a wonderful time of the year. At my own manor, I have sprawling gardens with every type of flower you can imagine. I can spend entire days out there and never get bored." He snapped his fingers as a thought occurred to him. "I know, I'll commission a painting for you, if you'd like."

The polite conversation between Lord Lex and Lady Lois shows just how charming Lex can be when he wants something. In this case Lois. Telling a young lady he sees diamonds when he looks at ice and offers to commission a painting for her is good old-fashioned flattery. If she was not aware of how casually he sold Clark into slavery she might be completely blinded by his skilled use of language.

How will Lois and Clark get out of this mess? Considering their stations in life, it all seems hopeless! mecry

Thanks for stopping in! Lex sure is creepy and flattering in pretty much every incarnation. At least this version of Lois has the advantage of knowing he's not quite what he seems, even if, unlike canon Lois, she has no real way to say no to his proposal.

Things are going to get a bit more...messy, shall we say, before the end of the tale.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon