Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/11/16 04:10 AM
Enter both Lois and Clark's nightmare made flesh.
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/11/16 04:36 PM
Wow--what a great write-up of Lex clap notworthy.

He came across both creepy and charming, very much like in the show. And Lois' reaction is so perfectly like the show, too--how she is a bit intregued, but also, deep down, knows something isn't right. That he's hiding something--that there is more to him than he lets on.

I'm so glad that, well as of now, Clark hasn't entered Lex's radar. I was really worried that Lex would immediately recognize him. At least some time has been boughten. But, really, I'm worried for when things amp up. If Lois gets forced into a marriage, I can't imagine her going through with it. She loves Clark. And, if Clark knows how much Lois does NOT want to marry Lex, I can (scarily) see him possibly trying to help her prevent it. The paths have got to cross at some point---and that'll be bad! shock

So excited for more!!!
Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/11/16 09:18 PM
Wow--what a great write-up of Lex.

He came across both creepy and charming, very much like in the show. And Lois' reaction is so perfectly like the show, too--how she is a bit intregued, but also, deep down, knows something isn't right. That he's hiding something--that there is more to him than he lets on.

Why, thank you! I always find it a little difficult to write for Lex, so I'm always happy to hear that the character rings true for others. He certainly is sleazy, isn't he?

I'm so glad that, well as of now, Clark hasn't entered Lex's radar. I was really worried that Lex would immediately recognize him. At least some time has been boughten. But, really, I'm worried for when things amp up. If Lois gets forced into a marriage, I can't imagine her going through with it. She loves Clark. And, if Clark knows how much Lois does NOT want to marry Lex, I can (scarily) see him possibly trying to help her prevent it. The paths have got to cross at some point---and that'll be bad!

This Lex is perhaps a bit more arrogant than our Lex. Anyone who isn't a lord/someone who he can use just doesn't register on his radar. He barely even looked at Clark before selling him into slavery. And Clark looks a lot different now. Clean. Shorter hair. Neat and finer clothing. (After all, a simple pair of glasses can throw most folks, so why not a complete makeover to keep him unrecognizable.) wink

More to come soon! Thanks for reading!
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/11/16 11:09 PM
Oh--so true! LOL, yep, if a pair of glasses kept Lex away in the series, a makeover should leave him clueless to Clark smile.
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/12/16 06:32 AM
I like that Lex isn't just a bad guy, obviously evil, but that he seems like he has some good qualities mixed in with things that Lois doesn't particularly like about him. One thing about Lex in the show was that he genuinely could turn on the charm - he sometimes had a smile or twinkle in his eye that made you think, yeah, I could see why someone might date him. Of course, the money helps. wink John Shea couldn't compete with Dean Cain's body. laugh devil Looking forward to next week. thumbsup
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/12/16 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by groobie
I like that Lex isn't just a bad guy, obviously evil, but that he seems like he has some good qualities mixed in with things that Lois doesn't particularly like about him. One thing about Lex in the show was that he genuinely could turn on the charm - he sometimes had a smile or twinkle in his eye that made you think, yeah, I could see why someone might date him. Of course, the money helps. wink John Shea couldn't compete with Dean Cain's body. laugh devil Looking forward to next week. thumbsup

That's the truly dangerous part of Lex, isn't it? He so perfectly tricks the public with his gentleman's façade. It's only behind closed doors that he lets his true colors show. It's easy to see how for someone like Lois (father basically tossed her aside for being born with a uterus, boyfriends had all been epic jerks) would be flattered and blinded by someone like Lex paying attention to her.

I totally agree - John can't hold a candle to Dean's body! laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/19/16 09:47 AM
"I just love the snow, don't you?" Lex asked after a few moments. "See how pristine and clean it makes the world? And the ice! It gives everything such a wonderful sheen to it, like the world has been coated in a layer of pure diamond."

"It is very beautiful," Lois agreed. She brushed her fingertip over an iced over section of hedges that had long since lost their leaves. "But I've always preferred the summer. The long days, the warmth, how everything is green and growing." She couldn't help the genuine smile that crossed her lips as she spoke.

"I'd have to agree with you. Summer is a wonderful time of the year. At my own manor, I have sprawling gardens with every type of flower you can imagine. I can spend entire days out there and never get bored." He snapped his fingers as a thought occurred to him. "I know, I'll commission a painting for you, if you'd like."

The polite conversation between Lord Lex and Lady Lois shows just how charming Lex can be when he wants something. In this case Lois. Telling a young lady he sees diamonds when he looks at ice and offers to commission a painting for her is good old-fashioned flattery. If she was not aware of how casually he sold Clark into slavery she might be completely blinded by his skilled use of language.

How will Lois and Clark get out of this mess? Considering their stations in life, it all seems hopeless! mecry
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/20/16 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by Morgana
"I just love the snow, don't you?" Lex asked after a few moments. "See how pristine and clean it makes the world? And the ice! It gives everything such a wonderful sheen to it, like the world has been coated in a layer of pure diamond."

"It is very beautiful," Lois agreed. She brushed her fingertip over an iced over section of hedges that had long since lost their leaves. "But I've always preferred the summer. The long days, the warmth, how everything is green and growing." She couldn't help the genuine smile that crossed her lips as she spoke.

"I'd have to agree with you. Summer is a wonderful time of the year. At my own manor, I have sprawling gardens with every type of flower you can imagine. I can spend entire days out there and never get bored." He snapped his fingers as a thought occurred to him. "I know, I'll commission a painting for you, if you'd like."

The polite conversation between Lord Lex and Lady Lois shows just how charming Lex can be when he wants something. In this case Lois. Telling a young lady he sees diamonds when he looks at ice and offers to commission a painting for her is good old-fashioned flattery. If she was not aware of how casually he sold Clark into slavery she might be completely blinded by his skilled use of language.

How will Lois and Clark get out of this mess? Considering their stations in life, it all seems hopeless! mecry

Thanks for stopping in! Lex sure is creepy and flattering in pretty much every incarnation. At least this version of Lois has the advantage of knowing he's not quite what he seems, even if, unlike canon Lois, she has no real way to say no to his proposal.

Things are going to get a bit more...messy, shall we say, before the end of the tale.
Posted By: cuidadora Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/24/16 11:28 PM
Definitely their nightmare come true. At least Lord Luthor and his retinue didn't recognize Clark. You definitely nailed Lex at his charming and sinister best. Or is that worst? clap

Glad in this tale that Lois at least initially has misgivings about Luthor. Too bad she seems to be doubting her instincts, and falling for his charm. Not unexpected though, since she seems to be naive in many ways.

There's a chance I'll have to give my body over to Lex, if I'm forced to marry him, she thought

Either that sums up her naivete perfectly, or she thinks arranged marriages don't result in babies. A chance? More likely she'll have no choice. Of course I realize she doesn't know that yet.

Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: A Farmer's Tale (8/13) - 07/25/16 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Definitely their nightmare come true. At least Lord Luthor and his retinue didn't recognize Clark. You definitely nailed Lex at his charming and sinister best. Or is that worst? clap

Glad in this tale that Lois at least initially has misgivings about Luthor. Too bad she seems to be doubting her instincts, and falling for his charm. Not unexpected though, since she seems to be naive in many ways.

There's a chance I'll have to give my body over to Lex, if I'm forced to marry him, she thought

Either that sums up her naivete perfectly, or she thinks arranged marriages don't result in babies. A chance? More likely she'll have no choice. Of course I realize she doesn't know that yet.

Most definitely their worst nightmare. For two very close, very different reasons. Thanks for feeling like I nailed Lex. He's hard to write for!

As for Lois - she's still holding out on the hope that he won't find her acceptable to marry. If he doesn't, then she doesn't have to give her body over.

Poor, naïve Lois.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards