Originally Posted by Morgana
So these two have met and are now thinking about their lives.

One can only feel sorry for Lois. It sounds to me like Lord Lex is going to take her as his bride no matter what her thoughts might be on the matter. In those days, a woman most definitely did not have the right of choice. Even her father is defenseless. If it is a choice between keeping their lands and people safe than he most sacrifice his oldest child in order to do so.

From where I sit, Clark in some ways is in a better position than she is, despite his poverty. After all, his father believes in him and his abilities. As always, when Jonathan speaks his words are powerful and to the point.

So, if Clark does not have super powers and is not of the nobility, than what is his ancestry? Will he even find out in this story or are we the reader going to be left hanging? help

I do feel sorry for Lois. She's got no say in her own life. Clark does have it marginally better. He can marry whoever he wants, so long as they are a commoner, like him. Which Lois definitely isn't. So, not a great position to be in either.

Clark's adopted ancestry I can give you, without giving anything away. (It does get mentioned briefly, later. He never does learn who his biological parents are, and it's not important to the story anyway.) For the past 9 or 10 generations, his family has been farmers and horse breeders.

Thanks for continuing to read! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon