So sorry it's been so long -- please know that I do love hearing from you, even if I take forever to reply! blush love

There is a lot of room for hurt in this, AnnieL, which (though it makes me sound awful to say) is one of the reasons I really wanted to write this story. But one of the things I liked most about this premise is that Lois DOES recognize the good things about Clark; even as she's laying all the seeds for hurting him, she's falling for him. Cue the angst! angel-devil

rotflol Virginia, I will take a strange sense of accomplishment from your comment about hurting Lois so she'll hurt Clark. It really does summarize so many of my stories, doesn't it? I'll have to work on not being so predictable, but we are supposed to write what we know... smile So glad you didn't see any typos! -breathes sigh of relief-

Thanks, DC! I thought I would enjoy switching off between the POVS too, but turns out, just as I'm figuring all the dynamics of one of them, I switch and then have to figure it out all over again. The joys of writing. crazy But I am glad you're sympathizing with Lois -- I'm surprising myself by sympathizing with her more than Clark at this point in the story. I'm sure that won't last forever, though...

I'm glad the kiss turned out so well, Morgana! It was very painful to write, but also really cool, too, because at least in this moment, Clark really does think he's getting his chance. I love writing scenes where two different characters have entirely different, pretty much polarizing ideas about what's going on/what happened.

Thanks, groobie! I don't read or watch the mystery genre, so it's something I've been trying to work on developing in my own writing (I always feel like I leave too many glaring clues and not enough misdirection), so your review was very encouraging. Of course, now I have to work on not dragging it on so long it becomes frustrating. smile

Love that you're keeping track of the flashbacks, LMA! I'm trying to keep track myself, but sometimes they slip away from me, so it was nice to get your rundown. smile Lois seeing Clark for who he really is without being allowed to tell him is a twist I've always kind of wanted to explore, but it wasn't until I added a lot of other more suspenseful things that I thought I could actually do it. For some reason (that we won't analyze), I have a much easier time writing stressful situations than straight-up fluff. Even though, as of right now, this story is almost a chronicle of their dates (so it just figures I could only write it when they're also steeped in secrecy and despair).

So sorry for the long wait, everyone, but thank you so much for your patience and support!