You know what's terrible? No matter how forgiving Clark is of this, there's always going to be doubt in any future relationship they have. And Lois is no doubt falling for Clark. See what you've done? mecry
You enjoy torturing them, don't you? lol

It's nice to have some confirmations! I wonder who Lois's source is? Is this the same source that promised her hurting Clark would save Superman?
Lois makes Luthor sound downright scary. She hasn't mentioned anyone else-maybe she doesn't know? Maybe Luthor is working with Tempus, (maybe Tempus is her source) and Lois is out of the loop in some way.
I like the realizations Lois is coming to. How Clark is so gentle with her, even though it doesn't feel like it. His kindness. His love. The necessity and guilt of Lois's manipulation are speeding up the process of her coming to see Clark for the man he is.
This might be terrible of me considering the circumstances, but I love that Lois takes comfort in being near Clark. That even though she's the one hurting him, it gives her the strength to do it for him. He's still a presence of light, and I think it's very in-character for her to be drawn to that light when she's feeling so dirty.

So by hurting Clark, she's saving Superman, and thus the world. But not doing what she's doing would destroy Clark more. Does she think being with him is going to kill him eventually? I'd say that Lex was just feeding Lois lies, but she has those weird visions of her actual future.

But that kiss. So poisoned yet so right in so many ways. It's just sad that this moment will be forever tainted with manipulation.
Thanks for a great chapter!

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."