Originally Posted by Framework4
Originally Posted By: It's All About Timing by Lieta
"You're lucky the room you were in was empty due to Dr. Lyon getting a stomach bug at the last minute."

Even more important then the space, was the fuel & mass calculations.

Actually when I read the story, I assumed that was one of the reasons Lois was lucky. That not only was there an empty seat and space, but also that she was replacing someone else's mass. Maybe even weighing less than Dr. Lyons.

The book Lost Moon: The Perilous Voyage of Apollo 13 by James Lovell or the movie Apollo 13 may also have some ideas for researching what could go wrong (and did) and how to jury-rig or MacGyver solutions.

Originally Posted by Lieta
Glad people enjoyed this little whirlwind. If I were to do a sequel would anyone have a preference for where in the series Lois would get home?
Great question.
I've actually been wondering how that fact would change canon, and where Lois's presence or absence could make the biggest difference.

Just from Strange Visitor:
  • Would Clark have avoided Trask's polygraph and just let them take his computer?
  • In Thompson's office could Clark have been able to read the Smallville file?
  • If Clark was in the warehouse alone, could he have gotten away with the ship and Smallville files?
  • If Clark was pushed from the plane could Superman have forced the military craft down, gotten Trask and Bureau 39 arrested and Bureau 39 dismantled and actually avoided Bureau 39's presence in Smallville (and the need for Lois to call out to save Clark's life?)

Personally I'm okay with any return during the first season. You might want to give an explanation, even brief of how the story differs from canon where you think Lois's presence is integral to the episode (e.g. GGGOH, Lois's pep talk to Clark about how Superman is needed for hope in Neverending Battle, return of his memory in ASU, "saving" Superman in MoSB). It definitely would change the dynamic and perhaps the speed of the development of Lois and Clark's relationship.

Vatman aired almost 6 months to the day after the Pilot, however ASU and Witness may have originally been planned as December episodes not January, especially with the Christmas decorations in Witness. It could also be argued that more than a week passed between any of the episodes, so 6 months could occur anytime during Season 1. So I think you're okay with her return during any episode in Season 1 you choose.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly