Thank you for the welcome back! RL likes to get in the way of my computer time, but I always find myself coming back to these boards, and it always feels like coming home! love

So glad to find someone else who can't even understand what the critics are talking about, SupesFan! I loved every bit of the movie, but that envelope WAS such a nice touch -- and definitely geared toward making me cry even harder than I already was! blush I'm glad you're okay with lots of parts; I still haven't mastered the art of writing 'short' stories.

That is the question, bakasi. When Luthor's involved, you can never put anything past him, and SOMETHING certainly changed Lois's mind.

Thanks, Morgana! It feels so strange to have a story up without your lovely beta-ing expertise, but I have so little time to myself for writing fanfic that it seemed best to just post as I wrote them. But please know how much I miss your comments! sloppy A battle like you described could get messy really fast!

It might very well turn out to be 20, Bean22! The more I write, the more I seem to get ideas for doing! I was very flattered by your comment about my stories being more complicated than the obvious. A-plot is usually MUCH harder to write than B-plot, which means (since I'm pretty lazy) that I have to work hard to make sure I've got a plot in there somewhere amidst all the introspection -- and your comment really made me feel accomplished! grin

Thanks for the comment, AnnieL (and a belated welcome to the boards!). Relationships have a lot of forks in the road, and I think one of the reasons I keep coming back to this period of the show is that there are a LOT of possible forks here. I'm excited to write about this one, and hopefully you'll enjoy reading it! Thanks for pointing out Clark's hesitance too -- there is a reason for that, since it's always been something I've wanted to highlight about the character of Clark Kent. And it's hard for Clark to maintain a steady level of bitterness toward anyone, even Luthor.

Thanks, Virginia -- I'm very glad you all haven't gotten tired of me! So many possibilities you've brought up! Lois using Clark isn't exactly a new development, or Clark knowing about it, but this certainly does take it to a whole new level. The next chapter might, hopefully, have some revelations. wink

Thank you, everyone! I hope you continue to enjoy!