Hi Virginia!
It’s been too long hyper

No A-Plot. No B-Plot. Just a conversation between Lois and Clark.
/looks at screen/ That’s a short conversation. Did Clark break up with her? Again?

. “So, what did you do last weekend? I tried calling but you never answered.”
CLARK: Umm…Mayson?

“It wasn’t important,” she said, brushing off the truth, which was more ‘I don’t like to leave messages, because I always end up sounding like a rambling idiot.’
Or desperate.

Lois waited, but apparently he was more patient than she was. “So?”
And that’s a surprise because…?
LOIS: Because no one can wait for more than four seconds on an answer. It’s humanly impossible.
CLARK: shock It is?

“No,” she said snidely. “I wanted to rearrange my living room, if you must know.”
And she needed a strong set of arms.
[Linked Image] : wave
LOIS: I said a ‘strong’ set of arms.

“Not always. Sometimes Rome, Paris, London, Nepal, the Arctic Circle, Des Moines. Lots of places, really. It doesn’t matter where I am physically… only mentally.”
Should come in handy when they lock him up in a padded room.

Yep. Clark was totally a mental case.
See?

“Twenty-seven people ended up in the hospital. Two died.”

Lois knew that he’d remember the details. Somehow, he always knew. Smart Aleck!
No, actually…

Other than the fact that she knew Clark wouldn’t have spent the entire weekend walking the streets of Metropolis to clear his mind.
Maybe he ended up in front of Mayson’s apartment. And she certainly gave the impression that she’d like to help him with getting his mind off of things.

Good. He’d be too good at avoiding the truth.
laugh

“Hmmm.” He seemed to be considering the question now, though. “No. I’m going to leave politics to the professionals and stick with what I know best.” He popped another chip into his mouth.
Lying?

Was he planning to answer all her questions with questions tonight?
What do you think?
LOIS: cat mad

“Shoveling manure?” she guessed innocently,
Like a Greek demi-god on this way to Mount Olympus?

dipping her hand into his chip bag. She’d just eat one and then go back to her veggies.
Uh-huh.

“I’m good at that,” he admitted without being boastful. “But I wouldn’t say it’s my best skill.”

Wanna bet?

“Otherwise, I would’ve stayed on the farm. No, I’d say I’m pretty good at reading people,” he said.

Wanna bet?
clap
CLARK: /if I let her eat those chips, her fuse might clog and she won’t go off/

She decided to play devil’s advocate as she took another chip. “And politicians don’t do any of that stuff?”
Let’s see…

“Listening to people. Investigating. Getting to the heart of a problem. Finding solutions. Informing the public of impending dangers. Helping people,” he went on.
No. Nope. Right. That will be the day. rotflol Yeah, only when there’s a camera nearby and election day is near.

“I follow the rules, Lois. You’re the one who breaks them.”

Touché.

She shrugged, admitting nothing.
Plus, she does so wearing a sexy smile. And when she B&E’s Superman’s bedroom, she wears little else.

His eyes twinkled in the darkness as he smiled. She had never noticed what a striking shade of brown they were; almost the same color as freshly toiled earth.
Huh, must be new contacts because last year, they were a dull, insipid mud brown.

Lois set down her soda and picked up the bag of chips.
Admitting defeat?

Comments
Cute stuff. You’re great at banter clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.