groobie: Thank you for reading. smile

This story felt very real, like it could have been dropped into any normal day in the characters' lives. As the tv show skips from plot point to plot point, it misses the small moments, the relatable everyday conversations that people have with each other. Lois and Clark are friends; they'd hang out and chat with each other regularly - they can't spend every second of each day chasing hot leads or being thrown off buildings. In these quieter moments, this is the kind of easy conversation they'd have and the fleeting thoughts that would float through Lois' head but never be said out loud. I liked it. thumbsup
Thank you. Yes, that's exactly why I started this challenge. Not all conversations lead to romance or to solving the current mystery at hand. Sometimes, it's just fun to be a butterfly on the wall (really, who would want to be a fly? [Linked Image] ) watching Lois and Clark's friendship grow. As my readers can contest, my stories often go rambling off. Many times this is because L&C are having a fun conversation (yet, pointless to the plot) that I just don't want to cut before they get to the heart of the matter. I figured I wasn't the only one this happened to.

I took this conversation idea (about Clark not answering questions and her asking if he'd ever thought about going into politics) from another story where I knew it would ramble endlessly on before getting to the point. Since I knew I could play with it without it being a problem, I pulled it from that story before I wrote more than that one line. Then I needed to rework the beginning to have Clark not answer Lois's questions. Because I pulled this train of thought from that story and put it here, I was freed to come up with a solution to another problem in my story. hyper (Now, you see where my characters tendency to ramble on comes from... blush )

Anyway, thanks for taking a chance on a plotless story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.